- This event has passed.
Wellness In Immigration Practice: Beyond Survive To Thrive
November 18, 2021 - November 21, 2021$100 – $300
User Review( votes)
Fall Conference 2021 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!!
Come join the BEST AILA Chapter in beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexico at the Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort for an immersive conference focused on wellness in immigration practice. Please scroll down for a complete conference program! Thanks to our sponsors LawPay and Visa Business Plans!
Hotel space is now FULL. However, you may be able to negotiate a room if there are cancellations, and/or explore off-site options. Please contact our travel agent Julie Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Explore the resort HERE.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM (12 Texas CLE; including 1.5 Ethics):
Thursday, November 18th
5:00 – 7:00 PM Reception and Happy Hour
At the Barracuda Bar (oceanfront)
Friday November 19th
8:00 A.M. Guided Meditation Session Led by Laura Kelley
8:30 – 9:00 AM Registration and Coffee
Conference Intro – Rebecca Kitson, Chapter Chair
9:00 – 10:30 AM Finding Time for Joy: How Time Management Can Transform Your Practice Speaker: Laura Kelley, Esq.
- Separating fee-time and me-time: Tried and tested time-management techniques to make your practice run on precision, power, and profits.
- Regain control over your calendar in order to meet and exceed your ethical obligations
- Find freedom in a structured day
10:30 – 10:45 AM Comfort Break
10:45 – 11:45 PM Balancing Your Practice, Your Clients, and Your Well-Being Speakers: Bea Ballerini, Esq. and Silvia Graves, Esq.
- Face the two principal concerns in any practice environment: internal processes and finding and retaining the talented staff you need
- Immigration practice specific techniques and suggestions
11:45 – 1:00 PM Lunch and Chapter Meeting
1:00 – 2:30 Health in Practice: Preventive Screening & Holistic Wellness To Become A Healthier Lawyer
Speakers: Erika Beetcher, CNP, DNP, MS and Laura Kelley, Esq.
- What do you need to do for a wellness baseline: a review of preventive health techniques
- The mind-body connection and performing at your best
- How to practically make wellness a part of your day
- Suggestions on nutrition, sleep, and exercise
2:30 – 3:30 Company Culture: Defining Your Why
Speakers: Rebecca Kitson, Esq. and Mark Frederick
- Finding and developing your vision and ideals for your practice
- How to reflect your vision throughout your firm and create a company culture that inspires your staff
- How to attract your ideal clients by communicating your company vision and culture
3:30 – 3:45 Comfort Break
3:45 – 4:45 The Power of Imagination: The Lawyer's Blueprint for Well- Being
Speaker: Donusia Lipinski, Esq.
- Immigration law is a demanding area of practice that can drain and deplete practitioners. Finding deeper meaning can lead to being a better lawyer and advocate.
- By tapping into our imagination our work as lawyers becomes more meaningful, our relationships deepen, our health and sense of well-being are enhanced, and we find that we have more time, money, and freedom.
Saturday November 20th
8:00 AM Tae Kwon Do Board Breaking For Empowerment
Led by Erika Beetcher, CNP, DNP, MS (and TKD Black Belt)
9:00 – 10:00 AM How Financial Planning Can Set You Free
Speakers: Craig Dobson, Esq. and Magali Suárez Candler, Esq.
- The number one reason for lawyer discipline has to do with trust account violations and other financial slip ups.
- Find and apply personal financial planning techniques in order to get yourself in the best place to relieve stress, plan for your future, and live your best life in the now.
10:00 – 11:00 AM Ways Out of the Wilderness: Managing Stress and Trauma Speakers: Lynn Calder, Esq. and Olsa Alikaj-Cano, Esq.
- Immigration lawyers often suffer secondary trauma and manage a great deal of stress from this area of practice.
- Additional family responsibilities can add to this stress level, and attempting to juggle it all can be emotionally crippling.
- Find strategies to cope with stress and trauma in healthy ways
11:00 – 11:15 AM Comfort Break
11:15 – 12:15 PM Promoting Wellness and Balance in The Office and The Profession Speaker: Dustin O’Quinn, Esq.
- How to bring it all together and promote health and balance in your firm
- How to find and create opportunities within the legal profession to lift each other up and shift the narrative
~Adjourn and Enjoy Cabo!!~
A HUGE thank you to our generous conference sponsors, LawPay and Visa Business Plans! Check them out, they are both amazing services to AILA members.